Surinam or Suriname is a republic on the northeastern Atlantic coast of South America. It is bordering French Guiana in the east, Guyana in the west and Brazil in the south. It is the smallest country in South America, with a population of approximately 566,000. Paramaribo is its capital.
Its nature is stunning and draws many tourists. The southern part of Surinam, has a tropical Amazonian rainforest and a sparsely inhabited savanna along the border with Brazil. Suriname is known for its exotic plants and animals, wild rapids, large rivers and stunning mountainous areas in the southern part of the country. The two main mountain ranges in Surinam are: the Bakhuys Mountains and the Van Asch Van Wijck Mountains. Julianatop is the highest mountain in the country at 1,286 metres (4,219 ft) above sea level. Other mountains include Tafelberg at 1,026 metres (3,366 ft), Mount Kasikasima at 718 metres (2,356 ft), Goliathberg at 358 metres (1,175 ft) and Voltzberg at 240 metres (790 ft).
Hotels in Surinam
Most hotels in Surinam are in Paramaribo, Domburg and Meerzorg.
• Five star hotels Paramaribo: Ramada Paramaribo Princess
• Four star hotels Paramaribo: Courtyard by Marriott Paramaribo, Wyndham Garden Paramaribo, Royal Torarica, Hotel Torarica and Casino, Atlantis Hotel & Casino and Q-Inn Boutique Hotel.
• Three star hotels Paramaribo: Hotel Palacio, Queens Hotel and Danpaati River Lodge.
• Two star hotels Paramaribo: Zeelandia Suites
• Hotels, apartment hotels, B&Bs hostels, apartments and guesthouses Paramaribo: Perfect stay apartments, La Petite Maison, Hotel Krasnapolsky, Residence Inn Nickerie, Watch House, Rani's gastenverblijf, Greenheart Hotel, Coster Apartments, Guesthouse De Kleine Historie, Sonja's Guesthouse and Globe Hotel.
• Hotels in Domburg: Luxury Resort Surinat four stars, Liberdada and Vakantie huis te huur.
• Hotels in Meerzorg: Watch House, Bro appartementen and Rani's gastenverblijf.
National Parks Surinam: Galibi National Reserve, Coppename Manding National Park, Wia Wia National Reserve, Brownsberg Nature Park, Raleighvallen - Voltzeberg Natural Reserve, Tafelberg Nature Reserve, Eilerts de Haan Nature Park and the Sipaliwani Nature Reserve. 16% of the country's land area is national parks and lakes.
Cities: Paramaribo, Albina, Brownsweg, Lelydorp, Moengo, Nieuw Amsterdam, Nieuw Nickerie, Paranam and Wageningen.